This recipe sounds fancy, but it’s inexpensive, super simple and takes less than 20 minutes.
- 1 c. water
- 2 vegetable bullion cubes
- 4 tbsp coconut oil or butter
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 c. arborio rice (but white rice will do)
- 3 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- Boil the 1 cup of water and drop in the vegetable bullion cubes. Stir well and leave simmering while you cook the risotto.
- Add the butter to a skillet over low-medium heat.
- Reduce the heat to low, add your onions and sauté for a few minutes. Add the garlic and cook for an addition two minutes.
- Increase the heat to med-high and add your rice, stirring well.
- Add about a quarter of the vegetable stock and stir well.
- When the liquid is absorbed, add another quarter of the stock and add your mushrooms, stirring well.
- Continue the process of letting stock absorb slowly and then adding more until the rice is creamy but has a little bite to it.
- Add the parmesan cheese to melt.
- Serve hot!
Add any other ingredients you love that you may have laying around your kitchen; other veggies, herbs, spices, or even meat.