- 2 cups of the noodle of your choice
- 1/4 a red pepper
- a dozen cherry tomatoes
- half a sweet onion
- 2 pats of earth balance or butter
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- seasoning: dried parsley, basil, chilli pepper flakes, and pepper
- *optional: nutritional yeast
- Boil a quart of water on the stovetop. Add salt to flavor.
- While your water is starting to boil, melt 2 pats of butter/earth balance in a medium-sized pan at medium heat, adding diced onions and garlic once it’s melted.
- As the onions soften, add your diced red peppers and cherry tomatoes. Stir all together and put a lid over the pan. Reduce to a low heat.
- Once your water is boiling add your noodles and set a timer for the recommended amount of time. Stir periodically to prevent your noodles from sticking.
- While the pasta cooks, take the lid off your pan and briefly stir your mixture. Shake the pan so that all the ingredients can cook in an even layer and add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. Leave the lid off for the rest of the recipe.
- Once your pasta is done cooking, drain the water and add your noodles to the pan. You want all of your ingredients to have a soft, but slightly tender consistency.
- Stir all together in the pan and add your dried basil, parsley, chilli pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Be as generous as you’d like.
- (Optional: add your nutritional yeast) Stir one more time until everything is combined and taste.
- Plate and enjoy!