- Food For People: Our local food bank. Income eligible clients may apply for monthly food box/commodities. Agency runs several food pantries, so please inquire about the community you are interested in. Has bilingual staff off and on:
- Arcata Health & Wellness Community Garden: This garden is being tended by Open Door Community Health Center. The community is invited to participate in weekly Community Work Days on Wednesdays from 11a – 1p.
- Fortuna Adventist Community Services: Serving the Eel River Valley, provides info on community resources and operates a thrift store, clothing closet, and food pantry. Bilingual staff available Tues/Wed 9:30am -11:30am, no materials in Spanish:
- Manila Community Resource Center: Provides basic needs and services for families in many different ways, including a choice food pantry, support groups, events and more. Tues/Thurs 1-5pm by apt. No bilingual staff, has materials in Spanish:
- Marshall Family Resource Center: Building resilient students, strong families and a healthy community through various services. A small food pantry and family support are also available. No bilingual staff, no materials in Spanish:
- McKinleyville Family Resource Center: Offers case mgmt. services, coordinates local programs, parenting classes, a small food pantry and provides appropriate community referrals. Has bilingual staff, and materials in Spanish:
Resources: Local FoodJustine Cook