- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion (small, diced)
- 1⁄2 c rice
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 sweet potato (medium, peeled and chopped)
- 1 c kale (chopped)
- 1 c water, chicken or vegetable broth
- 3 apples (cored and chopped)
- 1⁄4 c raisins (*optional)
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onion and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Then add the rice and curry powder and saute for 1 minute.
- Add water or broth, kale and sweet potato; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until liquid is almost absorbed.
- Stir in the apples and raisins (if using). Simmer for about 5 minutes and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Food For People