- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 c onions or leeks (sliced)
- 4 c celery (chopped)
- 2 1⁄2 c sweet potato (peeled and chopped)
- 2 c apples (peeled and chopped)
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 2 c vegetable stock (or broth)
- 2 c water
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1⁄4 tsp nutmeg
- 1⁄2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Combine oil, water, onions (or leeks), celery, sweet potato, apple and salt in soup pot.
- Cook covered over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add stock, water, thyme, nutmeg, and cinnamon and bring to a boil
- Lower heat and simmer 15 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Puree soup until smooth (in batches in a blender or with an immersion blender), then stir in lemon juice and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Food For People