Covid-19 gave me the time to learn how to bake. I’m a huge fan of baked sweets like cookies and cakes. After seeing my bananas getting ripe really fast I knew I had to do something with them because I didn’t want to throw it out or waste it! I found a lot of great recipes for baking banana bread and since I love to share my baked goodies with friends I thought why not do vegan so everyone can enjoy it regardless of their food preferences! This recipe I made is PeanutbutterandJilly. They have a huge selection of vegan baked goods that I have enjoyed making as well. I hope y’all get to enjoy!
By: Becky Moreno
3 mashed ripe bananas
⅓ cup melted vegan butter
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup non dairy milk (I used oat milk)
1 cup sugar (I used regular cane)
½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 375.
- In one bowl, mix melted vegan butter, mashed bananas, baking powder, baking soda, and vanilla.
- Next, mix in milk and sugar. Then, mix in your flour.
- Finally, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour your batter into a greased loaf pan and top with remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips. Bake for about 45 minutes until the loaf is risen and golden brown. Enjoy warm!!