- 1⁄2 lb pasta, whole wheat penne
- 1 Tbsp butter (or margarine)
- 1 Tbsp flour (all-purpose)
- 1 c milk
- 1⁄2 tsp pepper
- 1 oz parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 can tuna, packed in water (6 ounce can)
- 1 tsp paprika (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook pasta in a large pot of builing water until tender (about 5 minutes) and drain water.
- Heat butter (or margarine) and flour in a medium saucepan over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add milk, pepper, and cheese. Cook for 5 minutes until the sauce is smooth.
- Combine pasta, tuna, and sauce in a casserole dish. Sprinkle wiht paprika and bake for 20 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Food For People