by James Jencks
If y’all are getting your weekly food bags at the OhSnap Pantry, then there is a good chance you are getting a TON of noodles and marinara sauce. If you’re like me and never get sick of spaghetti (but also love making it a lil more than noods and sauce sometimes) you’re gonna like this recipe for meatballs! It is grandparent approved which may or may not be a good thing for your cholesterol. Keep in mind all the measurements are estimated based on whatever weird grandmother measurement language I had to decipher so feel free to play with it!
- 1Lb of pork or beef
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 1 tbsp basil
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1 tbsp oregano
- A heart’s helping of garlic (mince)
- Half a small yellow onion (small diced)
*1 tbsp onion powder (if you’re opposed to onion chunks?)
- A heart’s helping of shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1. Mix together in a bowl. Add an egg or bread crumbs as needed so they stick.
2. Pinch portions off with your finger tips so they aren’t too big.
3. Pan fry with vegetable or canola oil on medium heat. Adjust stove settings if oil starts cooking too hot.
4. Place on paper towels or rack to remove excess oil.
VOILA! A lil extra love for your weekly spaghet!