- 2 Tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tsp soy sauce (low sodium, if available)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice (or vinegar)
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 c broccoli (chopped. or one 12 oz package frozen)
- 2 c chicken (shredded. or two 10 oz cans of chicken, drained)
- 1 can sweet peas (15 oz, drained, no-salt/low-sodium if available)
- 1 can mandarin orange slices (11 oz, drained and rinsed)
- 1⁄4 c onion (chopped. white, yellow, or green)
In a small bowl, add peanut butter, soy sauce, and lemon juice.
Add enough water to make the dressing thinner, about 2 to 3 tablespoons of water. Use a fork or a whisk to combine dressing. Some peanut butter brands are thicker than others, so more water may be needed to thin out the dressing.
Add broccoli, chicken, peas, mandarin orange and chopped onion into a large bowl. If using fresh broccoli, also peel and chop up the broccoli stems. It tastes good and is full of vitamins.
Add dressing to salad, tossing to combine.
Recipe courtesy of Food For People