- 1 red onion
- 1 red bell pepper (large)
- 1 lb asparagus
- 2 c mushrooms
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp mixed Italian herbs
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 1⁄4 tsp black pepper
- 8 oz pasta (dry)
- 2 tomatoes (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 500°F. Cut onion and bell pepper into generous bite-size pieces.
- Remove tough ends from asparagus, then break into 1 to 2″ pieces.
- Clean mushrooms and cut off any tough stems.
- Place all the vegetables into a large bowl and sprinkle with garlic powder or granules, Italian herbs, chili powder, salt, and black pepper. Toss to mix.
- Spread in a single layer in 1 or 2 large baking dishes. Bake until the vegetables are just tender, 10 to 12 minutes. While the vegetables are cooking, cook the pasta according to package directions, then drain and arrange on a large platter.
- Top with the roasted vegetables and chopped tomatoes, if using.
Recipe courtesy of Food For People