If you haven’t tried roasted beets, don’t pass up this opportunity! Beets are one of the most nutritious vegetables you can find in the supermarket. Make sure you pick the all-red ones! Also, if you buy beets with greens attached (recommended for freshness) don’t throw the greens away! Sauté them in a pan and serve them along side your beets! They’re also super nutritious.
You will need some tinfoil and baking pan.
- Any number/size of red beets!
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- Scrub your beets really well and chop off the stem end and the tail end
- Wrap them individually into tinfoil (really small ones can be combined), and place them onto a baking pan
- Bake them for at least 45 minutes, then check a larger beet to see if it’s done by unwrapping it and sticking a fork inside of it. It should be quite soft. If not, bake for an additional 10 minutes and check again.
- When finished, remove from the oven and carefully unwrap the beets (I suggest using two forks). Let cool for at least 15 minutes.
- To eat, peel off the outer skins (they should come off very easily) and munch away!
- NOTE: These beets stain your hands! Wash with soap immediately after consuming to avoid stains.