Fall Vegetable Soup
by Tori Lawton
As we come into Autumn one of my favorite ways to get cosy is with a classic vegetable soup. Many of the vegetables we provide in our produce bags are the perfect ingredients for a hearty soup or stew. The items used in this recipe will include onions, potatoes, corn, peas and carrots, all of which are a part of the produce rotation at Oh SNAP!*
*many of the veggies can be substituted for what you have available or your personal favorites!
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 large potato peeled and diced
- 2 carrots sliced
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup peas
- 1 cup green beans chopped
- 2 vine tomatoes diced
- In a large stock pot add the olive oil over medium heat and sauté the onions, celery and garlic for 4-5 minutes until translucent before adding in the rest of the ingredients and bringing to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, take off of heat and allow to cool.
- Serve with warm bread or crushed saltine crackers in the bowl.