Cost per serving:
- 1⁄2 c onion (chopped)
- 1⁄2 c bell pepper (green or red, chopped)
- 1 c brown rice (cooked and cooled. white rice will work too.)
- 1 can black beans (15 ounce can. drained and rinsed)
- 1⁄4 c rice vinegar (or other vinegar or lemon juice)
- 1⁄2 tsp mustard powder (optional)
- 1 clove garlic (chopped, or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 1⁄4 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- In a mixing bowl, stir together onion, red or green pepper, rice and beans.
- In a jar with a tight fitting lid, add vinegar, dry mustard, garlic, salt, pepper and vegetable oil. Shake until dressing is evenly mixed.
- Pour dressing over bean mixture and stir to mix evenly. Chill for at least one hour. Serve cold as a side dish or main dish.
Recipe courtesy of Food For People